With the arrival of the 2012 blockbuster “Magic Mike”, America has seen a revival of the Chippendale’s show and brand, and with 2 of it’s most popular and colorful personalities, Jaymes Vaughan (Lead singer and emcee) and James Davis (Lead guitarist and lead dancer) finishing as Runner Up team on CBS mega hit “The Amazing Race”, there is no doubt the show’s popularity is going to go even more sky high! Some fun points about the famous and nightly sold out show:
– Chippendales created the male revue genre in 1979 (nearly 35 years ago)
– Can be seen nightly at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas
– Show just celebrated it’s 10th Anniversary in Las Vegas as the #1 Male Revue in the World
– Only 24 Chippendales in the world (12 in Las Vegas, 12 on our world tour)
– Chippendales created the “hunky men” calendar in 1981 and to date is the #1 male calendar (over 10 million sold since it started)
– Chippendales no longer takes tips (save your dollars ladies), it is now a fully-choreographed stage show with trained dancers in the $10 million custom-built Chippendales Theatre at the Rio
– Jaymes Vaughan is from Chesterfield, VA and is the lead singer/emcee of Chippendales
– James Davis is from Jefferson, ME and is our guitarist and lead dancer at Chippendale
The Top 10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About The Chippendales – in 2012
1. Will be seen by more than 2,115,459 people worldwide.
2. Will perform in more than 70 cities in the United States; 23 cities in Central and South America; 80 European cities; 8 South African cities; and 7 Asian cities.
3. The organization’s exclusive 24 cast members will spend a collective 59,725 hours a year in the gym.
4. The cast also consists of medical students, professors, realtors, web designers, entrepreneurs, business owners, photographers, videographers, mortgage brokers, military men, chefs, construction workers, stock brokers, singers, kickboxers and disc-jockeys, to name a few.
5. Will wear out 1,602 collars and 4,223 cuffs
6. Will tear apart 12,243 white Fruit of the Loom tank tops in performance.
7. Will travel more than 180,000 miles to entertain women around the world.
8. Will be photographed by over 2 million cameras.
9. The flagship production in Las Vegas will celebrated its10th Anniversary and over 4,000 performances at the Rio All-Suites Hotel and Casino. In addition, the brand is celebrating 33 years as the #1 Male Revue in the World.
10. Their calendar started the “hunky men” calendar craze in 1981 and has sold over 10 million copies worldwide.
Here “The King Of Kamelot” sits down with the hunks of Chippendales in NYC to talk about the incredible revival of the Brand, how Magic Mike gave a whole new generation a look into the Chippendales world, their new calendar, what to expect during a LIVE show in Vegas, their experience on the CBS hit show “The Amazing Race” and soo much more! Enjoy Kade Nation!!
Here are some of their recent TV Appearances: